We like to hire men and women who share our belief that quality work is born through caring about what you do. Whether you lease or turn over apartments, paint curbs, maintain a boiler room, or manage a community, you’ll find that Southern rewards good ideas. We also offer paths to career advancement through the Southern Management University.
Consider these career opportunities at Southern Management Corporation. Your career may thank you for it.
|ON-CALL Courtesy Officer - Key Landing||Dundalk||MD|
|PART-TIME Custodial Technician - Oella Mill||Ellicott City||MD|
|PART-TIME Groundsperson - Key Landing||Dundalk||MD|
|PART-TIME Leasing Professional - Woodland Landing||Lanham||MD|
|PART-TIME Service Technician M3 - Hotel at Arundel Preserve||Hanover||MD|
PART-TIME - need some flexibility in schedule. Related experience is a PLUS! $18.45/hr
Please submit your application and resume via online
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Receive daily work assignments from Chief Engineer/Supervisor and review priorities and special projects.
· Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments.
· Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program.
· Check work orders and night report for any problems. Make rounds checking these problem areas and note any information needed or safety concerns in the hotel.
· Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Executive Housekeeper and Front Office.
· Perform electrical work orders:
o Replace light switches.
o Reset circuit breakers.
o Replace wall plug receptacles.
o Replace fluorescent light ballast.
o Replace electrical solenoid valve.
o Replace small motors.
o Use test equipment; multimeter, voltage tester, amp probe.
· Perform plumbing work orders:
o Unplug sinks, toilets, garbage disposals and drain lines.
o Repair or replace valves, gate, globe, ball, solenoid valves.
o Replace washer, gaskets, vacuum breakers, toilet seals.
o Work with different types of pipe including conduit, copper, black, cast iron and pipe hangers.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance work orders:
o Monitor and maintain all laundry and dry cleaning equipment.
o Monitor and maintain all kitchen equipment.
o Maintain guestrooms using Rooms Preventive Maintenance Program Punch List.
o Change air-conditioning filters every month.
o Check HVAC equipment; change filters, belts, bearings and lubricate as necessary. Also check for unusual noise or vibration, adjusting as necessary.
o Change or repair locks as needed.
o Cut and mark keys for guestroom key inventory.
o Check and test-run emergency generator weekly.
· Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
· Repair furniture.
· Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber and painter in all phases of repair work.
· Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by supervisor in regards to routine and preventive maintenance.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include:
o Requisition (receipt and storage)
o Trash removal and clean up
· Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools.
· Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
· Ensure security of any assigned keys.
· Assist with any special projects assigned.
· Assist with room’s maintenance which includes replacement of switches, outlets, light bulbs, rewiring of lamps and appliances, caulking bath tubs, shower head replacement.
· Assume the responsibilities of the Duty Engineer, which includes carrying the pager, conducting rounds and checking building equipment.
· Attend designated department and staff meetings.
· Recommend energy saving ideas.
· Recommend safety ideas; participates in fire prevention and other life safety programs.
· Wipe down walls, clean and paint as needed.
· High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
· Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training.
· Ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
· Minimum 3-5 year(s) experience as a commercial electrician or in other trade (plumbing, HVAC etc.)
· Working knowledge of all electrical supplies and equipment.
· Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
· Working knowledge of:
o Health codes
o Electrical codes
o National/local fire codes
o Local mechanical codes
o Blue prints and wiring schematics
o Power and hand tools, meters, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
· Good understanding of the English language.
· Good communication skills both written and verbal.
· Compute mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers)
· Ability to:
o Interpret manufacturer's literature for installation, preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.
o Be well organized and follow instructions.
o Follow all equipment and chemical safety procedures.
o Focus attention on details.
o Operate high reach lifts.
o Prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments.
o Be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments.
o Work and perform job functions with minimal supervision.
o Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
· Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
· Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 250 pounds.
· Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
· Reach ____ inches/feet.
· Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for up to 4-hours in length.
· Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
· Work environment – Engineering work shop, all areas of the hotel. Working on stepladders. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, and chemicals.
|PART-TIME weekends Courtesy Officer - Pomona||Baltimore||MD|
|Residential Property Controller||Vienna||VA|
|Service Technician M2/3 - Cavalier Club||Falls Church||VA|
|Service Technician M2/3 - Fountain Park||Hyattsville||MD|
|Service Technician M3 - Carriage Hill||Hillcrest Heights||MD|