Bordering the nation’s capital and boasting attractions from historic landmarks to an upscale casino, Prince George’s County has it all. An increasing number of Washingtonians are choosing to settle in the county instead of living in the district proper. In fact, Prince George’s County is among the top spots those moving to the Washington D.C. region choose to call home.
If you’re not familiar with the area, it is easy to overlook some of the biggest draws Prince George’s County has to offer. Whether your move is local or cross-country, there are plenty of reasons to love this charming region. If you think Prince George’s County could be the place for you, check out our guide to the area below.
Living In Prince George’s County
Cost Of Living In Prince George’s County, Maryland
Living in Prince George’s County can be a more expensive than other locations nationwide, as the cost of living in Prince George’s County is 34.8% higher than the U.S. national average. However, Southern Management provides several affordable housing options, allowing residents to stretch their income further.
Things To Do In Prince George’s County
Activities abound in Prince George’s County, where you’ll find something for every member of your home. Whether you’re looking for a trendy nightlife scene or weekend family fun, you’ll find it here.
- Museums & History: Experience dramatic reenactments of the War of 1812 or uncover archaeological evidence of Native American settlements along the Potomac River.
- Nature: Spend time hiking, biking or boating in Prince George’s County. It’s easy to find picturesque settings to use as a backdrop for picnics, recreational sports, or even just a morning jog. If you want something a little bit more structured, you can hit the range at one of Prince George’s County’s premier golf courses or enjoy a sunset kayaking adventure.
- Shopping: Frugal fashionista? Hunt for deals on the latest trends at premium outlets. Prefer a more polished vibe? Meander through The Mall at Prince Georges. Is outdoor shopping more your thing? At Bowie Town Center you can enjoy the sunshine while window shopping. In short, Prince George’s County has it all.
- Sporting Events: Prince George’s County is home to the beloved Washington Redskins and their stadium, FedEx Field, located near the Capital Beltway in Landover. The family-friendly Bowie Baysox, a Double-A Minor League baseball team, hosts roughly 70 games at home each season. If college sports are more your speed, the University of Maryland boasts 20 different NCAA Division I teams to route for.
- Entertainment: Take in views of the Potomac River from the top of The Capital Wheel, a 180-foot Ferris wheel adorned with colorful lights. If you’re feeling lucky (or hungry), visit the MGM National Harbor, featuring a casino, eight restaurants and four bars.
Transportation And Commuting In Prince George’s County
Over half of Prince George’s County residents opt to drive their own vehicles to work. With an average commute of just 37 minutes, you have enough time to focus on, or decompress from, your day without feeling the pain of ridiculous traffic on the regular. With 15 Metrorail stations on the Orange, Blue, and Green lines, plus a network of bus routes, you have plenty of options to ride rather than drive in Prince George’s County.
Where To Live In Prince George’s County
Ranging from Laurel in the north to Oxon Hill on the southern end, Prince George’s County provides plenty of apartment community options, all which balance suburban tranquility with the perks of a bustling metropolitan area.
For a peaceful haven that exudes countryside charm, tour Laurelton Court. Explore the waterfront apartments at Woodland Landing, boasting incredible amenities like a fitness center and enormous closets. Meanwhile, the wooded community at Highview Terrace, nestled in Hyattsville, offers open parking and is just a short ride away from the buzz of D.C.
No matter what floorplan you prefer or amenities you can’t live without, Southern Management has the perfect home for you. With over 25 apartment communities in Prince George’s County alone, we guarantee you’ll find your dream apartment.
Make Prince George’s County Your Home
Now that you know the cost of living in Prince George’s County, Maryland, it’s transportation options, and what to check out once you arrive, it’s time to choose the right property management company. Start by looking at Southern Management’s apartment communities in Prince George’s County. Our team would love to answer any questions about living in Prince George’s County, pricing, our Corporate Partner Program, and more.
Start living your best life in Prince George’s County. Contact us to learn more.