One of the most stressful aspects of moving includes maneuvering bulky furniture into your new apartment or assembling new pieces from a box. But what if you could turn the key to your new home and simply unpack your suitcase? A fully furnished apartment makes moving simple — especially if you don’t own your own furniture. So what is included in a furnished apartment?
Furnished apartments are a stylish and hassle-free option for anyone, including residents who:
- Have a flexible lease term during the school year.
- Are only in the area for the summer.
- Are in town short term for a job or special project.
- Have another home but need to spend time close to family.
- Are new to the area and aren’t sure where to settle yet.
- Don’t want to move heavy furniture!
Furnished apartments can often get a bad rap. Some people think that a furnished apartment will lack style and individuality, or that they’re too corporate and cold, or that the furniture will be old, beat up castoffs from the cold clutches of storage — but they couldn’t be more wrong!
How Can I Furnish My Small Apartment For Cheap?
A furnished apartment comes with everything you need to live comfortably for the duration of your stay. In some cases, the cost of furnishings is built into your rent, which tends to be slightly higher compared to unfurnished apartments. In other instances, you get to chose from a variety of furniture packages.
In either case, renting a furnished apartment can be less expensive than purchasing furniture for your apartment all at once. Renting apartment furnishings can make it easier to create a functional studio layout, design a practical work space, or simply host a laid back potluck with your friends.
What Does A Furnished Apartment Include?
If you want just the bare bones for apartment living, you’ll be looking for staple items seen in most living rooms and bedrooms. An apartment that is semi-furnished will come with:
- Living Room Furniture
- Love seat or chair
- Coffee table
- End tables
- TV Stand
- Bedroom Furniture
- Bed frame
- Dining Room Furniture
What Do Fully Furnished Apartments Include?
A fully furnished apartment comes with all of the furnishings listed above and can also include items such as:
- Coffee maker
- Living Room
- Entertainment Center
- Floor Lamp
- Optional Additional Items
- Iron & Ironing Board
These items will add convenience to your apartment, even if you’re only there temporarily. What is included in a fully furnished apartment varies by company. The good news is if you find the right property management company, all that you’ll be missing are groceries and your personal toiletries!
How Much Does It Cost To Furnish An Apartment?
What does a furnished apartment cost, you wonder? Well, Southern Management offers three furniture packages for every taste, style, and budget.
- The Stylish Collection starts at $295 per month and is ideal for residents who want the basics to make moving a breeze! This is great for someone who has to move by him or herself and doesn’t want to deal with maneuvering furniture as a part of the process.
- The Restful Collection starts at $319 per month. This has everything you need to make your apartment space feel like home, without having to purchase all the smaller items yourself!
- The Pampered Collection is for those who want a fully furnished, totally stylish space. This collection offers several contemporary options ranging from $347 a month for a studio to $782 a month for a three-bedroom apartment.
Southern Management also offers three housewares collections to fully outfit your apartment and make it a home. These include all the bath, bedroom, and kitchen items you need for comfortable living — all in one package for a low monthly charge — delivered to your door without the need to shop.
All Southern Management furniture and houseware collections include optional items and upgrades to truly help you make your apartment your own.
Are Furnished Apartments A Good Idea?
Apartment hunting already involves many choices. (Should you get a studio or a one-bedroom? Should you live with your significant other, or maybe get a puppy?). By renting a fully furnished apartment, you’re cutting down on the number of decisions you’ll need to make during an already stressful time.
At Southern Management, our team can help answer all your questions about how a fully furnished apartment can fit in with your lifestyle, your budget, and your apartment layout. Browse our more than 50 communities throughout Maryland and Northern Virginia, all of which have furniture rental options. Then contact us to discuss availability, pricing, and short-term lease options!