After a long, cold winter, spring has finally sprung! It’s time to throw open the windows, smell the flowers, and let the fresh air and sunshine chase those winter doldrums away.
Spring is the season of new beginnings, which means it is the perfect time to give your space a deep cleaning, organize your closets and cupboards, and brighten up your space for the season with spring apartment decor. Here, we’re sharing six spring decorating ideas to liven up your apartment.
Spring Decorating Ideas
- Lighten up your apartment. A simple spring decorating idea is to swap out heavy fabrics and textiles for lighter ones. Swap your heavy duvet for a lightweight bedspread, and replace flannel sheets with cotton or linen. Add new throw pillows in bright colors or floral patterns. Replace some of your wall art with pieces that better reflect the spring season.
- Bring the outdoors in. Flowering plants and fresh greenery are unmistakable signs of Spring that can bring a pop of color into any room. African violets and begonias are easy to grow and do well indoors. Bamboo and pathos plants are also excellent low-maintenance plants for spring apartment decor. If you don’t have a green thumb, there are plenty of beautiful faux options that don’t require any maintenance other than an occasional dusting.
- Spruce up your outdoor space. Your balcony or patio becomes a prime entertaining and lounging space during the spring, so you’ll want to make sure it’s ready for the warm weather. Replace any old, tired cushions and seating, and place your outdoor rug underneath. Add large pots with your favorite flowers or create a wall of greenery with climbing vines that can also act as a privacy screen.
- Let the light in. If you have blinds or heavy drapes, you might want to tie them back and put up temporary shades or sheer curtains that allow more light into your space.
- Freshen up with spring smells. It’s time to put away the pumpkin and cinnamon-scented candles and bring in something a little fresher. Floral and citrus candles complement spring apartment decor perfectly. You can also use flameless tea light candles for the same glow minus the scent.
- Liven up the bathroom. Pick a theme and switch out your shower curtain, bath mat, towels, and accessories. Love a rustic vibe? Opt for a shower curtain that’s light and lacy, add some baskets for storage, and fill Mason jars with wildflowers. Maybe you prefer something more nautical? Bring in some blue and white towels, mats, and a shower curtain, along with a few seashells or driftwood for an instant refresh.
Start Fresh This Spring with Southern Management
If you find your apartment needs more than a few spring decorating ideas, maybe it’s time to look for a fresh new place to live. With 75 apartment communities, our team is confident that we can find you the perfect location with a floor plan that’s bright, airy and spacious. We’d love to answer any questions you have about specific apartment communities, including pricing, security deposits, decorating, amenities, and more.
Contact our team to learn more today.